Meet Dr. Haltiwanger
Leonard H. Haltiwanger, DMD, MS
My decision to enter the field of orthodontics was inspired by my father, Dr. Bill Haltiwanger, who originally opened his orthodontic practice in Rockingham in 1972. I saw first-hand the difference that orthodontic care made in the lives of his patients, and it is my goal to continue in that tradition in my practice as well.
Education and Continuing Education
- Lenoir-Rhyne University – Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, 1987-1991
- Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine – Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD), 1991-1995
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, 1995-1996
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Orthodontic Residency and Master of Science degree, 1997-2000
I regularly attend continuing education courses, including the University of North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association meetings, the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists meetings, and the Southern Association of Orthodontists meetings. I attend these courses to maintain an awareness of current topics and to gain knowledge on research and advancements in the field of orthodontics. Keeping up-to-date and implementing new knowledge in the practice ultimately results in better orthodontic treatment and more beautiful smiles for my patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- North Carolina Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
Outside the Office
A native of Rockingham, NC, I am grateful to live, work, and raise my family in such a wonderful, supportive community. My time outside the office is dedicated to my wife and our three amazing children.